You Are an Indian
Everything you eat is savoured in garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. You try and re-use gift-wrapped, gift boxes and of
course aluminum foil.
3. You are standing next to the two largest six suitcases
at the airport.
4. You arrive one or two hours late to a party and think
5. You peel the stamps off letters that the postal service
missed to mark up.
6. You recycle wedding gifts.
7. You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving
8. You load up the family car with as many people as
9. You use plastic to cover anything new in your house
wither it's the remote control, VCR, carpet or the new couch.
10. You buy and display crockery, which is for special
occasions, which never occur.
11. You feel like you've gotten a good deal if you didn't
12. You never learnt how to stand in a queue.
13. You can only travel if there are at least 5 persons
to see you off (or receive you) whether you are traveling by bus,
train or plane.
14. You only make long distance calls after 9 pm (when
rates become half).
15. It's embarrassing if your wedding has less than 600
16. You treat the NRIs (especially from America) as
if they are the only persons living in this world (including You.)
17. You have mastered the art of bargaining in shopping.
The States return Indian ...
(TOP 21 THAT AN INDIAN FOLLOWS WHEN HE/SHE RETURNS TO INDIA AFTER
BEING ABROAD FOR SOMETIME)
Tries to use Credit Card in road side Hotel.
20. Drinks and carries Mineral Water and always speaks
of Health. (proving to be very health conscious).
19. Sprays DEO such so that he doesn't need to take
18. Sneezes and says 'Excuse me'.
17. Says "Hey" instead of "Hi". Says "Yogurt"
instead says "Curds".
Says "Cab" instead of "Taxi". Says "Candy" instead of "Chocolate".
Says "Cookie" instead of "Biscuit". Says "Free Way" instead
Says "Got To Go" instead of "Have To Go". Says "Oh" instead
(for 704, says Seven Oh Four Instead of Seven Zero
16. Doesn't forget to crib about air pollution. Keeps
cribbing every time he steps out.
15. Says all the distances in Miles (Not in Kilo Meters),
and counts in Millions.(Not in Lakhs)
14. Tries to figure all the prices in Dollars as far
as possible (but deep down the heart multiplies by 49 times).
13. Tries to see the % of fat on the cover of a milk
12. When need to say Z (zed), never says Z (Zed),repeats
"Zee" several times, if the other person unable to get, then
says X, Y, Zee (but never says Zed).
11.Writes date as MM/DD/YYYY & on watching traditional
DD/MM/YYYY, says "Oh! British Style!!!!"
10. Makes fun of Indian Standard Time and Indian Road
9. Even after 2 months, complaints about "Jet Lag".
8. Avoids eating more chili (hot) stuff.
7. Tries to drink "Diet Coke", instead of Normal Coke.
6. Tries to complain about any thing in India as if
he is experiencing it for the first time.
5. Pronounces "schedule" as "skejule", and "module"
4. Looks suspiciously towards Hotel / Dhaba food.
Few more important stuffs
3. From the luggage bag, does not remove the stickers of
Airways by which he traveled back to India, even after 4 months
2. Takes the cabin luggage bag to short visits in India, tries
to roll the bag on Indian Roads.
And The Ultimate One
1. Tries to begin conversation with "In US ...." or
"When I was in US..."
the contents are from the forwarded mails of our friends, unaware of their
These are © and
their respective creator.
All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.